1. —- Can you ride a horse? —- No, I never had the chance ____.
A. for learning it B. for learning how C. how to learn it D. to learn how
2. Paul said, “Give me a chair _____.”
A. to sit B. sit C. sit on D. to sit on
8. —- Why was the official meeting called? —- ______ new officers.
A. Select B. Selecting C. To select D. For selecting
12. That beggar seems _____ anything yesterday.
A. not to have eaten B. not to eat C. didn’t eat D. to not have eaten
13. The lost child desired nothing but _____ home.
A. go B. to go C. going D. went
20. Nobody likes ______.
A. to speak ill of B. to be spoken ill of C. speaking ill of D. spoken ill of
23. Mr. White was seen ______ the Palace Museum.
A. enter B. to enter C. entered D. to entering
26. Now we could not do anything but ______ for him here.
A. waited B. waiting C. to wait D. wait
27. I don’t know her and I don’t ______ .
A. want B. want to C. want it D. to want
38. —- What do you think about English? —- It’s a difficult language _____.
A. speaking B. to be spoken C. to speak D. spoken
1. Alien said that his trip was _______.
A. interested B. interest C. interesting D. of interest
4. It’s no use______ with him. You might as well ______ with a stone wall.
A. arguing, argue B. to argue, arguing C. arguing, arguing D. to argue, argue
5. It is no good ______ today’s work for tomorrow.
A. to leave B. leaving C. that you leave D. leave
7. It’s very kind ______ you ______ say so.
A. of, to B. for, to C. to, to D. of, /
8. Some people’s greatest pleasure is ______ .
A. fishing B. to fish C. to be fish D. being fishing
10. You didn’t hear us come back last night. That’s good. We tried ______ noisy.
A. to not be B. not to be C. being not D. not being
11. Though he failed, he tried _______ it again and again.
A. to do B. doing C. do D. done.
12. You’ll regret ______ those words. You may hurt her feelings.
A. say B. to say C. having said D. to have said
14. We are looking forward to ______ another chance ______ it again.
A. be given, to try B. give, to try .C. giving, trying D. having, to try
20. I was too excited ______ .
A. speak B. to speak C. not to speak D. speaking
2. The new shopping center _____ now will be put into use by the end of this year.
A. built B. be built C. being built D. to be built
5. I’m afraid I can’t make myself _____ in English.
A. understanding B. understand C. to be understood D. understood
7. Janet is easy _____.
A. for getting along with B. by getting along with C. to get along with D. got along with
10. I think this story is _____ .
A. worth being read B. worth reading C. worth to read D. worth of reading
16. The man was seen _____ into the courtyard.
A, stealing B. stolen C. be stealing D. had stolen
18. Tom had no choice but _____ the classroom with his classmates.
A. to clean B. clean C. cleaning D. cleans
25._____, she burst into tears.
A. Deeply moved B. Deeply moving C. As she deeply moved D. As she was deeply moving
34._____, she felt quite shy at the party. A. As she a stranger B. Being a stranger
C. According to a stranger D. She like a stranger
39. Anna spends one hour a day _____ spoken English.
A. practise B. to practise C. on practising D. in practising