1. The second Sunday of May is ______ Mother’s Day. It’s ______special day for children to show their love for their mothers.
A. a；the B. the；a C.不填；a D.不填；the
2. —Here are three books on history. Which one would you like to borrow?
一 ______. You see，I’m interested in geography these days.
A .All B. None C. Both D. Each
3. Mandeep can go to school now. UNICEF has paid for her ______.
A. education B. vacation C. competition D. invention
4. Lucy liked all the dresses there，but she took the ______one to save as much money as possible for Project Hope.
A. cheaper B. more expensive C. cheapest D. most expensive
5. 一Look! That teacher is explaining something to her students again and again!
一_______teacher she is!
A. How patient B. What patient C. How a patient D. What a patient
6. David didn’t give up ______ he had failed in the experiment four times.
A. if B. while C. though D. since
7. Wearing white can help people _______when they feel stressed.
A. fall down B. calm down C. look down D. come down
8. Linda, with her parents，_______ the Wolf Hill, and they will be back this afternoon.
A. has gone to B. have gone to C. has been to D. have been to
9. For everyone’s safety，we _______ a1ways remember the law against driving after drinking.
A. could B. should C. might D. would
10. The art exhibition is really worth _______，and you’re sure to learn lot from it.
A. visit B. to visit C. visited D. visiting
11. To improve his English，he spends _______one hour a day listening to English programmes.
A. at last B. at least C. at once D. at all
12. —We need a new leader for our Helping Hands Club，but I don’t know_______.
—Why not Mary? She is always willing to help others.
A . what to choose B. how to choose C. when to choose D. who to choose
13. 一Shall we go out for a trip to relax ourselves after the final exam?
A. That’s all right. B. It doesn’t matter.
C. That’s a good idea. D. Have a great time.
14. The factory ______ its waste into the river, but now it deals with the waste in a new way.
A. used to dump B. is used to dump C. used to dumping D. is used to dumping
15. —Simon，I wonder _______. —Last Saturday.
A. when the foreign visitors arrived B. when did the foreign visitors arrive
C. when the foreign visitors will arrive D. when will the foreign visitors arrive
When I was young，my father told me that little acts of kindness may give one great happiness. Since then I have always tried to help people in 16 .
One hot summer afternoon, I was 17 down the highway to New York when another car suddenly 18 into my lane(车道). My car was in the far right lane，so it ran onto the roadside. As a(n) 19 driver，I moved my car quickly and skillfully back onto the highway without causing any accident.
I was 20 with that driver，but I thought that he just did not pay attention to the lane change, and he 2l did not do that on purpose(故意).The car ran away 22 after cutting me off. Very soon it disappeared from sight. After a while，I came around a curve(弯道) and found the 23 car. The driver was walking along the roadside. He was an elderly man and looked 24 . With no telephone nearby and the nearest services twenty miles away. I decided to 25 and see what the problem was.
The man’s car had a flat tire(瘪胎). Although he had a spare tire，he had nothing to work with. I decided to 26 him. I changed the tire for him and allowed him to sit in my Air-conditioned car while I did it. Fifteen minutes later，I 27 the work. I was hot and tired，but I really felt 28 after an act of kindness to the man who had earlier 29 my car ran off the road.
You can really enjoy great 30 from kindness acts, so always lend your hands to others in trouble.
16. A. need B. school C. danger D. summer
17. A. walking B. riding C. running D. driving
18. A. fell B. floated C. came D. climbed
19. A. active B. experienced C. frightened D. energetic
20. A. unhappy B. satisfied C. familiar D. friendly
21. A. even B. certainly C. almost D. simply
22. A. quickly B. quietly C. politely D. carefully
23. A. new B. red C. same D. other
24. A. excited B. relaxed C. surprised D. worried
25. A. stay B. research C. stop D. hide
26. A. punish B. train C. help D. encourage
27. A. began B. finished C. took D. continued
28. A. good B. sorry C. angry D. shy
29. A. noticed B. made C. watched D. heard
30. A. friendship B. success C. excitement D. happiness
BOOKS ON SALE
by Gustave Flaubert
The book is now over 150 years old，but readers continue to find themselves and their neighbors in its pages.
Between Shades of Gray
by Ruta Sepetys
Once school is out, will your young reader be likely to pick up a book?
The answer is yes. Here is a strong summer reading choice for kids from ages 9 up.
Rob Young’s new book explores folk music during the 1960s and early ‘70s in Britain.
By Jo Nesbo
The detective Harty Hole searches for a serial killer who builds snowmen outside the homes of his victims.
31. If you are interested in folk music，yon might choose the book______.
A. The Snowman B. Madame Bovary C. Electric Eden D. Between Shades of Gray
32. The Snowman most probably tells _______.
A. a life story B. a disaster story C. a love story D. a detective story
33. We can infer (推荐) that all the books above are _______.
A. available B. for adults C. expensive D. newly written
Disasters happen all the time somewhere in the world. Are you ready if one hits your neighborhood next week? Find out what you need to do now before it is too late. Let’s take an earthquake for example.
During an earthquake, get under a strong object like the kitchen table. Don’t leave the building during the shaking, or you might be hurt by falling objects from the outside of the building.
When you are in bed during the night and an earthquake happens，simply roll off the bed. There will be a safe void around the bed.
If you are watching TV and you cannot easily run away by getting out through the door or window, then lie down and curl up(蜷伏) next to a sofa, or a large chair.
Never go to the stairs. The stairs are likely part of the building to be broken. Even if the stairs are not destroyed by the earthquake，they may fall down later when people run down.
Try to get into an open area away from trees，buildings，walls，advertisement boards and power lines if you are outdoors.
If you are driving when an earthquake suddenly happens，just stay in your car until the shaking ends. However, if the footbridge falls and breaks your car，get out of it and sit or lie next to it. All the broken cars have voids 3 feet high next to it.
34. What should you do if you are in a building when an earthquake happens?
A. Rush out quickly B. Sit in the kitchen C. Stay below strong objects D. Go down the stairs
35. The underlined word “void” in Paragraph 3 means“_______”.
A. space B. seat C. distance D. sign
36. When you are outdoors during an earthquake，you should go to _______.
37. If you are inside a car when there is a sudden earthquake，you should _______.
A. get out of it B. keep inside it C. move away fast D. stay under the footbridge
What’s the red star in the sky through a telescope(望远镜)? It is Mars. Do you want to know more about it? Take the “Mars Orbit Express”!
“Mars Orbit Express” is a space probe (探测器). It was sent towards Mars by American scientists on August 12th，2005. Its tasks are to study Mars’ atmosphere and return photos to Earth. But before that “Mars Orbit Express” must travel about 100 hundred million kilometers and seven months. It reached Mars’ orbit(轨道)in March，2006.
Mars and Earth have similar weight and size. However，Mars is closer to the sun than Earth. Mars is very cold. The average temperature is below 50℃. The temperature at noon only reaches 20℃ during a Mars day. Its atmosphere is mostly CO2. It has much sand and two moons—Phobos and Deimos.
Scientists think Earth and Mars had similar beginnings 4.6 billion years ago. But while Earth supports millions of lives，Mars becomes bad. “Earth easily could have turned out like that.” said an scientist, “It is important for us to find out why and Mars Orbit Express’ should do that.” “Mars Orbit Express” also would help scientists to learn what might happen to Earth in the future. “Mars Orbit Express” would work for about four years.
38. What can you see through a telescope when watching Mars? ________.
A. Much sand B.A red star C. Its atmosphere D. Its size
39. One of the tasks of Mars Orbit Express is _______.
A. taking pictures of Mars B. studying the weight of Mars
C. finding out distance between Earth and Mars D. telling the time it takes to go from Earth to Mars
40. Compared with Earth，_______.
A. Mars has a long history B. Mars is big and heavy
C. Mars is close to the sun D. Mars’ atmosphere is mainly O2.
41. Which might be the proper title for the passage?
A. Mars：differences from Earth B. A probe：to learn more about Mars
C. Mars: change of temperature D. A probe：to tell the future of Earth
Mrs. Thompson came to the 5th grade class and noticed that Teddy was always alone. Also, he did badly in his studies. When she reviewed Teddy’s past records，she find he was a good child at first，but he began to change when his mother got ill. Finally he lost interest in school after his mother’s death.
Mrs.Thompson realized the problem and felt sorry for him. She felt even worse when her students brought her beautifully-covered Christmas presents. His presents were covered with some old paper. Some children laughed when she found a bracelet(手镯)with some of the stones missing, and a bottle with a little perfume(香水). But she said how pretty the bracelet was, putting it on, and dabbing some perfume on her hand. Teddy stayed after school for a long time just to say，“Mrs.Thompson，today you smelled just like my mom used to.” After the child left，she cried for quite a long time.
On that very day，she taught not only knowledge but also children. As she worked with Teddy，his mind seemed to come alive. By the end of the year，Teddy had become one of the smartest children in the class.
A year later，Teddy left school. She found a note under her door，from Teddy，saying that she was the best teacher he ever had in his life. After that, these words were repeated in each of his letters to her.
Then after he finished college, Teddy wrote telling her that he had met a pretty girl and was going to get married. He explained that his father was dead，and that he wondered if Mrs.Thompson might sit at the wedding in the place for the mother of the groom(新郎).
Of course，Mrs.Thompson did. She wore the bracelet and the perfume that Teddy remembered his mother wearing on their last Christmas together.
They hugged(拥抱)each other，and Teddy whispered in Mrs.Thompson’s ear，“Thank you，Mrs.Thompson，for making me feel important，and showing me that I could make a difference. ”
Mrs.Thompson，with tears in her eyes，whispered back，“Teddy，it’s not like that. You were the one who taught me that I could make a difference. I didn’t know how to teach until I met you.”
42. What made Teddy change before Mrs. Thompson came?
A. His mother’s illness and death. B. His classmates’ laughing at him.
C. His past records by his teachers. D. His interest in some other things.
43. Teddy left a note for Mrs. Thompson when he left school mainly to say _______.
A. sorry B. hello C. thanks D. goodbye
44. What kind of person was Mrs. Thompson?
A. Wise and humorous. B. Kind and helpful. C. Selfish and impatient. D. Strict and stubborn.
45. We can learn from the passage that _______.
A. Mrs. Thompson became Teddy’s mother at last. B. Mrs. Thompson didn’t know how to teach all her life.
C. Teddy didn’t finish college before he got married. D. Mrs. Thompson and Teddy each made a difference.
46. Frank loves playing basketball and practises _________ (两次) a week.
47. Peter’s dream is to __________ (进入) a medical college in the future.
48. If you live in a new city without friends，you can be very _________(unhappy because of being alone).
49. When you walk through the __________(a large area of land with trees) without a map，you may get lost in it.
50. The bottle was full yesterday but now it’s_________. Perhaps Tom has drunk all the juice in it.
Clear cloud he far mouse
51. 一Look! It’s so __________. 一I think it’s going to rain soon.
52. Mrs. White spoke slowly and _________, so we all understood her easily.
53. 一What do baby pandas look like at birth? 一Little white __________，I Think
54. He went to the Great Wall yesterday and enjoyed __________ very much.
55. Jack runs faster than I, but I jump __________ than he.
read want plant hold forget
56. Amy is crazy about dancing and she __________ to be a dancer when she grows up.
57. I __________ this magazine. Will you please show me another?
58. 一Can you hear some students singing in the hall?
一Yes. Our school __________ a red-song competition there.
59. I __________ to past the letter on my way here this morning. I’ll do it this afternoon.
60. 一Why are you in a hurry，John?
一My classmates are waiting for me at the school gate. We__________ trees in the park.
61. The doctor asked the old man to stop smoking. (改为一般疑问句)
________ the doctor ________ the old man to stop smoking?
62. The girl is clever. She can work out difficult problems. (合并为一句)
It is clever _________ the girl _________work out difficult problems.
63. I prefer doing everything for myself to asking my mother for help. (保持句义基本不变)
I would _________ do everything for myself _________ ask my mother for help.
64. Those local businesses supported the charity show. (改为被动语态)
The charity show __________ _________ by those local businesses.
65. Martin was so excited at the news that he couldn’t fall asleep. (改为简单句)
Martin was _________ excited at the news _________fall asleep.
Most people love animals. We think that animals are good (66) f_________ of humans. But, in fact，a 1arge number of animals，especially wild ones，are in (67) d_________ now mainly because of humans. If we do not (68)t_________ action now，we will have no animals soon.
People are destroying animals’ natural habitat by cutting (69) d________ trees or building houses. At the same time, many of the animals’ living (70) a_________ are becoming farmland as we have to feed a 1arger population of the world. Besides，people hunt animals for their fur or other useful things. As a result of the pollution that humans have caused, some animals cannot (71) l_________ a normal life any more.
We must try our best to (72) p_________ animals right now. Remember that it is everyone’s (73) d_________ to do so. We should write to newspapers and magazines and (74) t_________ everyone about these problems. We should also immediately (75) d__________ something to help the endangered animals.
You would see a robot when you were reading a story or watching a movie, such as Star Wars. Today，however，science stories are becoming true. More and more robots are starting to be used in factories and our homes.
These robots are different in size，shape and colour，but all of them have the same type of man-made “brain”. The robots that work in factories are called industrial robots. These kinds of robots are cleverer and faster than the old ones. Industrial robots can do jobs that are often boring and sometimes dangerous.
Robots are already coming into American homes，though not as quickly as they are going into factories. We have made robots work at home. They can do some housework like cooking, or playing with people just for fun.
These robots aren’t as friendly and clever as those in Star Wars. But their makers say, today’s home robots can “walk” and find objects in their way，though sometimes they may knock into(撞上) those objects. They can even carry objects, though sometimes they may drop those objects. Well, nobody is perfect. We may laugh at home robots today，but some day they will do better than humans. We humans can only see certain length of light, and hear certain sounds, while robots may see and hear better than we do.
In a word, robots will be widely used in our life in the future.
76. Where are more and more robots starting to be used? _________________________________________
77. What do all kinds of robots have? ________________________________________
78. What kind of jobs can industrial robots do?________________________________________
79. What do you think of today’s home robots?(请考生根据短文内容，自拟一句话作答)
80.What else do you want home robots to do for you? (请考生根据自己的想法，自拟一句话作答)
81. 假设某中学生英文报开展关于青少年如何健康成长问题的讨论，请你根据下表所提示的信息，以How to grow up in a healthy way为题，用英语写一篇稿件，筒述青少年健康成
How to grow up in a healthy way
At teenagers，we are growing fast while in middle school. To grow up in a healthy way，we need a lot of things. ______________________________________________________________